Course in equipment maintenance for the disabled
You are cordially invited to a training course in the maintenance of equipment for people with disabilities in ERGON Centre for Staff Improvement. In accordance with current building regulations, the maintainer of the equipment in question must have special UDT authorisationsas they belong to the category of handling equipment. The removal of architectural barriers (stairs, thresholds, narrow doorways) for disabled people is achieved by adapting buildings so that they can move easily. Technical devices that assist limited mobility consist of a lifting mechanism and a carrier. They are hydraulically or electrically powered and have:
- pressure-sensitive barriers or light curtains to prevent collision with the elements of the appliance shaft or stairs,
- fully operational buttons to stop the carrier,
- a speed of travel of no more than 0,15 m/s,
- a fragmentarily enclosed load carrier.
Stairlifts are devices installed inside or outside a building on the stairs. They move in an inclined plane between at least 2 levels. They can easily be disassembled when not in use. There are different construction variants, among others:
- Inclined platforms move a person in a standing position or in a wheelchair along stairs. The horizontal and flat loading base allows wheelchair access.
- Chair lifts - move people in a seated position on a folding chair, which the machine structure is equipped with.
Vertical transfer platforms installed inside and outside buildings to serve even several landing levels. Capable of carrying much heavier loads than stairlifts. Equipped with chain, hydraulic or screw drive. The design and dimensions of the platform enable a disabled person in a wheelchair to pass through wheelchair together with a carer.
Equipment is subject to technical supervision and should be maintained in accordance with its intended use and operating instructions:
- The operator is obliged to equip the equipment with an operating manual, which must then be made available to the user.
- If inspection intervals are not specified in the appliance operating instructions.
- All maintenance must be recorded and kept in a maintenance log book kept by the operator.
- The operator is obliged, for safe maintenance of the equipment, to ensure proper maintenance in accordance with the applicable requirements. Inspections must be carried out at least on the dates specified in Annex No. 2 to the Regulation of the Minister of Entrepreneurship and Technology of 30 October 2018.
We would like to present you with a training course the completion of which, together with a positive state examination, will enable you to obtain a UDT licence. Thanks to them you will be able to take up a job as a maintenance technician of materials handling equipment in plants specialising in repairs of such machines.
Training is provided by highly qualified staff with many years of teaching experience.We strive to ensure that trainees not only receive the knowledge to become certified in their chosen category, but that this knowledge makes life easier in their day-to-day work as a maintenance worker. With this in mind, all of our programmes are written in a way that includes beneficial information as well as practical activities to illustrate what it is like in real life.
The course consists of a practical and a theoretical part, the so-called lectures. Our experienced instructors for future maintenance workers impart all their knowledge in an active and accessible manner to participants. In our training, you will acquire knowledge in the following areas, among others:
- principles of first aid and occupational health and safety in the event of accidents or emergencies,
- the duties that belong to the maintainer of equipment for disabled people,
- footnotes with a view to the maintenance of materials handling equipment,
- construction of hydraulically and electrically powered equipment,
- types of platform used for the transportation of persons with disabilities,
- List of typical faults occurring during operation.
After the lectures, the trainees take an active part in practical classes. During the course, they become acquainted with the construction of the platforms, learn how to repair the most common faults and learn about the safety rules for operation.
At the end of the training, participants take a test before a commission from the Office of Technical Inspection. A positive pass in the exam is unlimited and preserves throughout Poland and internationally the rights of the UDT. The requirements to be met in order to enrol as a maintenance technician for people with disabilities are:
- Completion of 18 years ,
- minimum primary education,
- A certificate stating that you do not have any contraindications to work on the given position.
Where do we provide training?
Classes are held throughout the country in our branches. We also organise open classes for closed groups with travel to the client. Trainings take place according to the current information on our website.
The main objective of our company is to provide our clients with training services at a first-class level. Qualified methodologists and other people with many years of practice take care of the quality of education and the best possible satisfaction in all our facilities, which are located in Warsaw and other regions of Poland. But for you we go the extra mile, we are mobile and also organise closed courses.