Range of offshore and onshore professional courses
The training centre "ERGON" specialises in providing training and courses in various fields of work. We are one of the few companies to have onshore and offshore training courses that are honoured in the countries of the European Union, among others.
Start your career on drilling or production platforms used for work in the Norwegian or Baltic Sea, we will facilitate your certification MEWP ISO 18878.
The curriculum at our centre consists of a theoretical and a practical part. All classes are taught by experienced and qualified professionals.
The programme of offshore and onshore classes is in line with current ISO standards.
Lecture classes include:
- health and safety rules,
- applicable legislation,
- principles of survival,
- hazard analysis and contingency plan,
- functions of industrial organisations,
- familiarisation with the procedure before boarding the helicopter.
Practical tasks include:
- work on offshore and/or onshore installations,
- sounding the alarm during an emergency,
- the use of machinery and tools when carrying out tasks,
- oil and gas extraction,
- the search for raw material deposits,
- safe helicopter travel and lowering the helicopter in the event of an emergency,
- ensuring a safe workplace,
- locating the fire and using extinguishing agents,
- providing first aid.
Telescopic handlers are very versatile trucks. The machine can change its use and functions, making it versatile. The machine is great for use on drilling and mining platforms as an auxiliary machine. Training as a telehandler operator is in accordance with ISO 26676.
Painter-sandblaster on Offshore Projects
In the painter-sandblaster training on offshore projects, you will learn safe techniques for sandblasting, surface preservation and painting. You will learn about corrosion protection used in the offshore and onshore industry. Passing the exam will confer certification to carry out work in accordance with NORSOK M-501.
Once your certificate has expired, you can renew your qualification by taking a refresher course.
Entry requirements for training:
- at least 18 years of age,
- certificate of no health contraindication,
- at least primary education,
- clothing for dressing up.
Questions and answers
What certificate will I get after completing offshore training?
Upon completion of the offshore training, the participant will receive a MEWP ISO 18878 certificate.
Do I need to have a vocational qualification to take part in offshore platform training?
No, to join the training you only need a basic education, our specialists will teach you everything.
Where can I start working after offshore training?
After completing the training, the participant can, among other things, mine raw materials on the seabed.