Course on maintenance of hand-held firefighting equipment at ERGON
We organise specialised courses to enable you to become a fire extinguisher maintenance technician. Regular inspection and maintenance of fire extinguishers is of great importance in maintaining the overall safety of both employees and members of the public. Only by knowing that our extinguisher has had an inspection carried out can we conclude that it is working properly. It is therefore important to remember that an inspection should be carried out at least once a year. Every extinguisher must be submitted for inspection or conversation. It is a good idea to keep an eye on this, and at the same time to know the place or person who offers maintenance of this equipment. If you are thinking of becoming a fire extinguisher maintenance person - our course is for you. By signing up for the training, you will learn everything you need to know about this specialised equipment.
A few words about the rules
- Fire extinguishers are found in almost every building. It is imperative that they have a manufacturing date on the label. This is sanctioned by the regulations, which must be complied with. If a fire extinguisher does not have this, this is when you go to a maintainer of this type of equipment, who will carry out an inspection. If you want to become a fire extinguisher maintainer, you need to know the regulations that govern the number of fire extinguishers,
- weight of extinguishers,
- certificate of conformity issued by the Scientific and Research Centre for Fire Protection.
It is worth reading the Regulation of the Minister of Internal Affairs and Administration of 7 June 2010 on fire protection of buildings, other construction objects and areas (Journal of Laws of 2010, No. 109, item 719).
This document is responsible for all the rules that need to be known and followed.
To whom do we dedicate the course?
Anyone who would like to improve their skills and knowledge in fire extinguisher maintenance is welcome to attend the course. The training is an ideal way to gain new skills that you will use in your new profession and beyond. We especially welcome those who want to maintain fire extinguishing equipment professionally. We also encourage those who would like to refresh their knowledge or who want to re-skill and find a new job.
What requirements do I need to meet to enrol on a course?
If you want to enrol on a course, all you need to have is:
- at least 18 years of age,
- primary education and above,
- no health contraindications to exercise the profession.
What will you learn during the course?
Every professional fire extinguisher maintainer should have a broad knowledge of fire extinguishers. During the course, the following topics will be covered:
- construction of fire extinguishers,
- types of extinguishers,
- groups of fires,
- marking of firefighting equipment,
- all about inspection, maintenance and repair,
- knowledge of UDT tests,
- health and safety rules,
- regulations and standards.
What does the examination look like?
Most exams are divided into a theoretical and a written part. You will first have to pass the theoretical part, which takes the form of a written test, and then you will proceed to the practical part of the exam. Both parts take place under the supervision of a specially appointed committee. On our special platform you will additionally find materials to help you prepare for the exam.
How do we teach?
We focus on ensuring that our courses deliver knowledge in an accessible and activating way. We believe that an engaged learner will be able to cope not only in the exam, but also in the workplace. Our qualified tutors will ensure that the courses are delivered at the highest possible educational level and are not monotonous.
What will I gain from the course?
Through our training, you will gain professional knowledge that we believe will stay with you for a long time. You can also gain qualifications that will allow you to carry out inspections and maintenance. From the feedback of our course attendees, we know that our courses are the right choice and the right decision.
How long does the course last?
The length of the course depends primarily on your existing skill level. We open groups for beginners as well as for those who just want to refresh their knowledge. The first group model takes longer due to the fact that we want to train our students well.
We are well aware that we teach a variety of people, sometimes working mornings and sometimes evenings, so our courses are flexible and tailored to our clients' needs. If you consult with us about your time possibilities, we will find a suitable date for you.
We do not have a fixed price list. This is because our prices depend, among other things, on the number of people in the group. The more people, the lower the price. To find out the cost of a course, we encourage you to call us.
|Name of training course:
|Course on maintenance of hand-held firefighting equipment.
|at least 18 years of age,
primary education and above,
no health contraindications to exercise the profession.
|Feel free to contact us and visit the website.
At a glance:
- Premedical first aid in the workplace
- Training in occupational health and safety
- Periodic training of occupational health and safety service employees and persons performing the tasks of the service
- Occupational health and safety training of employers and persons in charge of employees
- Training in occupational health and safety and fire safety for companies