Course on scissor lifts - operation
Operators of scissor lifts, popular equipment - workstations for work at height within the vertical transport of people and goods on platforms, are often sought after on the labour market. Performing this profession is connected with having a licence, which in Poland is granted by the Office of Technical Inspection. It is possible to prepare for the exam individually, but candidates for the examination usually decide to participate in specialist training courses. This allows them to gain theoretical knowledge and to put their existing knowledge in order. Participation in a course on operating scissor lifts also allows you to get to know these devices from the practical side.
Scissor lifts - key information
These devices are a type of mobile platforms - this category also includes popular aerial work platforms, or less known mast platforms, hanging platforms or so-called spiders attached to a car.
What sets scissor lifts apart from other mobile platforms is:
- The large platform can be approximately 4 metres long. The platform can accommodate several people at the same time, the lifting capacity and the number of people and materials are determined by the manufacturer.
- Characteristically shaped jib that folds up like a scissor. When extended, the jib lifts the platform to a height of up to several metres.
- The so-called lifts can be divided into different lifting systems: scissor, telescopic, articulated-telescopic
- Propulsion: internal combustion (diesel) or electric (powered by efficient batteries) and mixed (hybrid).
- Can be used indoors and outdoors. For interior work or renovation, electric scissor lifts are more compact and manoeuvrable. For outdoor work on uneven terrain, petrol scissor lifts are recommended.
- High platform load capacity - some models lift people, goods or tools weighing several hundred kilos. This allows scissor lifts to be used in advanced construction work.
In order to use platforms safely, it is important to choose the right equipment for the work technology in terms of limit values, such as
Load capacity, number of persons, weight of tools on the platform,
- working inside or outside of buildings
- permitted gradient in the folded position
- permissible inclination in the unfolded position
- specific pressures on the ground
- Reach, lifting height, working height
- dimensions (overall dimensions) and total weight, turning radius, etc.
The course on scissor lift is the first step towards passing the exam in the Office of Technical Inspection and gaining qualifications necessary to perform this profession. The course consists of theoretical part (structure of the equipment, safety rules for boom lift operators, technical supervision) and practical exercises on the equipment. The course is open to people with no experience, as well as those who already have knowledge and want to improve it during the training. UDT does not require participation in training before taking the exam, but it is the most effective way to prepare for qualifications. In addition to participation in the training, participants receive access to an educational platform with materials, instructional videos and mock tests.
Lift course details
Classes in operating scissor lifts are organised in Warsaw, at the company's headquarters, as well as in most large Polish cities. At the client's request it is possible to organise a closed course, exclusively for the company's employees. In order to facilitate the acquisition of knowledge without the need to travel to the training, the theoretical part can be in the form of webinars available online.
The duration of the course for boom lifts, the price and other details are determined on the basis of a telephone or email interview. This depends primarily on the participant's experience and needs in terms of preparation for the UDT exam