Operation and maintenance of loading and unloading equipment
Equipment categorised as loading, unloading or feeding loads in unloading process lines are:
- Wagon unloaders
- Ship unloaders
- Railcar tipplers
- Loaders, including ship loaders
- Heap loaders
- Suspended belt conveyors
- Ski lifts
- Pneumatic conveying equipment for bulk materials
- Heap loaders and feeders
- Training for rail unloaders
Discharger As the name suggests, it is used for unloading materials. Most often from uncovered railway wagons. It is useful in large plants such as steel mills, gravel works, cement works, fuel depots or where there is a need for large quantities of materials and efficient unloading. There are several types of unloader, but the most popular move by their own drive, on rails on a special wide track. The gate is a steel lattice structure and is the load-bearing assembly in the unloaders.
Vocational training in the operation of wagon unloaders, culminating in an examination before the Transport Technical Inspectorate.
The training programme includes:
- Information on Technical Supervision
- How wagon unloaders are built
- Types and kinds of unloaders
- Types of security
- Explanation of the unit's wiring diagrams
- Bezpieczna praca – zasady
Course topics for operating and maintaining a heap loader:
- Familiarisation with Technical Inspection regulations
- How a heap and loader is built
- Correct operation
- What are the types, designs and ratings
- Electrical and mechanical protection and maintenance
- HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Practical classes
Sample set of questions for the exam TDT from operating a wagon unloader:
- On what principle does the discharger work
- Explain the working mechanism of the device
- List the operator's actions before operating the unloader
- Indicate where the condition of oils and lubricants in the equipment is checked
- Show site of bridge, driving mechanism and wagon unloader
- Describe the power supply diagram for the wagon unloader
- What tests are performed by the TDT? (with description)
For organised groups, training throughout Poland directly with the employer.
We will adapt the date and place to suit your needs. We take care of all the formalities for the Transport Technical Supervision (TDT) exam. Training is carried out by a qualified and experienced team with the relevant qualifications of maintenance technicians and TDT operators. Thanks to many years of practice, we provide the highest level of service.
Heaping machine is a continuous operating machine designed for heaping, i.e. storing and moving material. It is mainly used in open-cast mining. It can operate sub- or top-level. It is self-propelled. It has loading elements to facilitate the transfer from the stockpile to the transport vehicle by means of a conveyor.
Who can sign up for vocational training to become a dump truck operator and maintainer?
- Adults with a minimum of primary education
- Having a generally good health
- With a very good command of Polish
- Foreign nationals must provide a certificate signed by a sworn translator
What is a dump truck operator and maintenance course like?
The programme consists of lectures and practical classes. Our experienced teaching staff will be happy to help and suggest what you need to do to make your work enjoyable while being effective. The course concludes with an examination before a TDT board.
Do acquired qualifications expire?
Those who pass the examination receive a qualification valid for 10 years, which can of course be renewed. To do so, an application and declaration are required, where it must be written (truthfully) that within the last 5 years, the person has been performing the duties of a maintenance and loading machine operator for at least 3 years. The documents can be sent by post or email, at least 3 months before the expiry date.
What is the cost of entitlements?
The price of the training depends on the number of trainees. The larger the number of people, the cheaper. Feel free to contact us for a course quote.
Where is the training taking place?
Nationwide, from a minimum of 6 people.