HDS handling crane service
Construction and use of a HDS crane
Called a loading crane - as the name suggests it is a load handling device with a compact design. It easily reaches hard-to-reach places. It does work that would be impossible for other cranes. It is in the group of cranes - machines for unloading and loading goods. Cranes of this type are widely used in the transport and construction industries. They are mechanically driven and consist of a rotating column, placed on a base, and a jib system on top of the column. They are mounted on trailers or vehicles and therefore fall into the mobile category and are subject to the Technical Inspection Authority.
HDS cranes are divided according to their adaptation to different branches of industry:
- general purpose - with a rigid structure on the vehicle chassis;
- timbering - a crane is mounted on the rear of the vehicle, along with a load bed and special grapples;
- placed in the centre of the vehicle.
The HDS crane includes fixed components, which are essential equipment for every HDS, and spare parts, which are replaced according to the fit of the job.
Key fixed components of the HDS crane:
- The boom - one of the most important components. The moving part that allows you to work in any terrain;
- Crane base - the platform on which the entire crane is mounted;
- Set of supports - stabilises the crane, supports are on each side to balance the increased weight of the crane;
- Crane column - the vertical element that connects the platform to the lift, sometimes has a telescopic arrangement to make crane work quicker and easier.
Variable elements of the crane adapted to current tasks:
- Hook - can be used for large and heavy loads based on a system of ropes and slings.
- Gripper - an alternative to the hook. Useful for difficult jobs where you need to suspend parts using ropes. The gripper paws are excellent for handling irregularly shaped loads.
- Hydraulic system - makes unpacking the equipment quicker and easier, thanks to the HDS design on the cylinders. In addition, it increases precision.
When should HDS maintenance be carried out?
Preferably at the times specified in the appliance manual. An inspection of the supporting structure and the fire protection installation is advisable once every 12 months. Only systematic inspections make it possible to rectify anomalies and malfunctions.
|Every how long a review?
|portable, mobile, other than quick-mounted and stationary
|rail-mounted, self-propelled, tower-mounted, high-speed, mobile
|with manual drive
Observing the principles of correct operation, the maintenance technician checks the condition of the controls, signals, lighting and safety devices and movement limiters. Equally important is the inspection of drive mechanisms, lifting links and their mountings, and brake systems.
Other types of tests and reviews
Three types of tests are carried out when HDS cranes are in use:
- post-accident/ post-failure.
Periodic inspection of HDS
It is carried out on the basis of the deadlines specified for each type of crane. During such an inspection, the UDT( Office of Technical Inspection) inspector checks the required qualifications of the crane's maintainers and operators, the electrical measurements in the protocols, the equipment's maintenance log and the inspection book.
The UDT unit outlines the form and scope of the operational tests depending on the situation in which it is inspecting, which may include modernisation, repair or replacement of technical components. In order to operate an HDS crane, you need an HDS qualification, which is obtained after completing a specialised course. In the case of a maintainer, you need a UDT qualification (after passing a state exam).
|Periodic inspection of HDS cranes
|On what date?
|portable, mobile, other than quick-mounting, and stationary
|every 3 years
|with manual drive
|every 2 years
|tower, self-propelled, mobile, rail-mounted, portable with a load capacity greater than 3200 kg
|every 1 year
What is checked during the periodic examination?
- proper placement of operating instructions, warning and information signs;
- correct operation of protective and safety equipment;
- check whether the device requires corrective action;
- verification of operator and maintainer qualifications by an UDT inspector;
- review of the maintenance logbook and audit book.
Operational, post-failure and post-accident tests
It is performed by the local unit of the Technical Inspection Authority in the case of e.g. modernisation or repair of the HDS, replacement of technical components and installation at a new location. Post-failure and post-accident examinations are carried out when the equipment breaks down or an accident occurs during operation. In such situations, the local Technical Inspection Authority must be notified.
Service for handling cranes
We have extensive experience in the crane industry and provide expert assistance for HDS and forestry cranes. We are happy to work with construction or transport companies offering full professionalism in the repair and maintenance of equipment. In addition, we perform UDT registration and equipment upgrades. Daily assignments have contributed to our ability to diagnose faults quickly and repair them efficiently. Our employees undergo numerous maintenance courses, making them highly qualified in the subject.
We service many leading brands such as PALFINGER, FASSI, HMF, PM, EFFER, BEFARD.
- cranes and HDS cranes mounted on vans and trucks,
- loading and handling equipment such as: cranes, mobile cranes, aerial work platforms, hooklifts, gantry cranes and mobile trucks and related equipment.
We provide services in:
- Regeneration and replacement:
- hydraulic pumps,
- mayer drums;
- backlash on rotation and extension,
- mechanical damage,
- Replacement or repair:
- hydraulic installation,
- slides and more;
- Major and major renovations