Deck crane maintenance licence course
Information on training
Our Deck Crane Maintenance Technician qualification course includes both practical and content-based instruction, and concludes with a state examination, after which a relevant professional qualification is issued. Our lectures are based on a proven methodology, which has a positive effect on the comfort of the training, the speed of learning and also the skills. Our on-board crane course not only allows you to acquire specialised knowledge that is extremely useful in your career, but also provides you with an opportunity for individual professional development and, as a result, a possible increase in salary.
Deck crane maintenance training programme
The scope of the training includes, but is not limited to, topics such as:
- types and construction of handling equipment, including cranes, subject to technical supervision;
- Rated capacity and the concept of stability of cranes;
- mechanisms of deck cranes, their construction and operation;
- safety devices used in deck cranes;
- electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical equipment;
- activities of the deck crane maintainer before, during and after work;
- working with a crane under specific conditions;
- cooperation with hookers;
- safe working conditions - health and safety regulations when operating equipment;
- Dangerous damage and accidents - procedure to follow.
Requirements of trainees
Above all, applicants for the deck crane maintenance licence are required to be of full age, have a primary school leaving certificate and be able to speak Polish to at least a communicative degree. In addition, prospective trainees should have a medical certificate of fitness to work as a deck crane maintainer.
Period of validity of allowances
Issued by the UDT, TDT or WDT, qualifications as a deck crane maintainer are valid for a period of five years, with the possibility of renewal. This is an option for users who, at least three months before the end of their qualification, submit an application confirming that they are working as a maintainer of the machine covered by the certificate.
We are able to provide training for maintenance operators of deck cranes throughout Poland for organised groups, adapting the location and timetable to the needs of the client. In addition, we take care of all the formalities in terms of registering students for the exam and setting its date at the UDT.
Our instructors have the necessary qualifications, as well as professional experience in the operation and maintenance of deck cranes. In addition, each of our trainees receives, free of charge, a set of examination questions prepared by our training staff for the UDT examination, which are solved together with the lecturer during the training.
Types and kinds of cranes
Depending on the type of operations performed, the method of installation and the location, we can distinguish between the following types of cranes:
- mobile - cranes that are mounted on a trailer, as they have no drive of their own and must therefore be towed by, for example, a truck or agricultural tractor. They are mainly used for handling trees in the forestry industry;
- mobile - cranes, which are commonly referred to as HDS handling cranes. This type of crane is usually mounted on a truck or light truck chassis. They are most commonly used for transporting palletised loads in construction warehouses;
- self-propelled - cranes, which are also commonly referred to as truck-mounted cranes. This type of crane is usually mounted on a heavy truck chassis. It has a very large vertical and horizontal working range, while the rated capacity of mobile cranes reaches up to several hundred tonnes;
- stationary - cranes that are permanently fixed to the ground (e.g. inside industrial halls) and are used to move small and light bulky loads;
- tower - cranes, which are used on large construction sites where extremely precise handling of loads over long distances and heights is required;
- on-board - cranes that are mounted on board a ship, for example;
- floating - cranes that float on their own;
- railways and on railway vehicles - cranes, which are used in the rail industry;
- rail - cranes that move along a track made of rails.
What exactly is a deck crane?
Deck crane (A deck crane is a slewing crane that is mounted on the deck of a ship and designed for handling operations.
Other training we provide
In addition to training as a maintenance technician for deck cranes, we also provide courses for the operator of these machines. In addition, our training offer includes many other technical equipment such as:
- all other types of cranes;
- telescopic handlers;
- winches and hoists;
- forklift trucks;
- mobile platforms.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Questions and answers
Does the crane maintainer qualification expire?
The Office of Technical Inspection issues licences for the maintenance of deck cranes, which remain valid for a period of five years.
Where can I take a deck crane maintenance course?
The ERGON Personnel Improvement Centre organises training courses for deck cranes for individual clients at the Centre's training facility and for organised groups throughout the country.
How much does training for deck cranes cost?
The cost of the deck crane maintenance course depends, among other things, on the form and location of the training, as well as the number of students attending.