Hanging aerial platform maintenance course
About the course with ERGON
For years, the ERGON Personnel Improvement Centre has specialised in providing training for, among other things, suspended mobile platforms. We offer training for both maintenance and UDT operator of these machines. Our courses are delivered by qualified personnel with many years of experience.
Purpose of the training
The aim of our course is for the participant to acquire practical as well as theoretical knowledge in the field of maintenance of suspended access platforms, and also to prepare for the examination and obtain a qualification certificate in accordance with the Regulation of the Minister of Economy of 18 July 2001 on the procedure for verifying qualifications required for the operation and maintenance of technical equipment (Dz. U. Nr 79, poz. 849 as amended Dz. U. Nr 50 poz 426).
Description and programme of training
The UDT training for the maintenance authorisation of suspended access platforms consists of a theoretical and a practical part. After completing the training, you must take the state examination.
Examination at the UDT
The exam consists of 2 parts, these are:
- written exam - is a test of theoretical knowledge within the scope of Article 22(2) of the Act of 21 December 2000 on technical supervision (Journal of Laws 2017, item 1040).
- practical test - during which the practical skills of day-to-day technical maintenance as well as knowledge of how to properly control the equipment on the manoeuvring area are assessed.
During the practical part, the examiner is required to wear and comply with the rules of personal protection as required in the manual of the machine on which the examination will be conducted.
Topics covered during the course
Information will be given to students during theoretical classes on:
- types of hanging platforms,
- effectiveness of equipment,
- construction of the device and its parts,
- activities before, during and after work,
- equipment stability,
- health and safety rules,
- mechanical, electrical and hydraulic cable protection,
- technical supervision regulations,
- conduct strength and stability tests,
- preparing the machine for operation.
The course programme is approved by the Office of Technical Inspection.
Who can take part in the course?
Any person can take part in the course simply by signing up and meeting the conditions below:
- be at least 18 years old,
- have a minimum of primary education,
- be in good health, without medical contraindications.
The price of the course is set individually with the client, to find out more please contact us.
Training takes place at one of our training centres located throughout Poland or, in the case of a course for an organised group, at the client's premises.
Specifics of suspended access platforms
Suspended platforms are a type of mobile platform in which the working platform, or so-called basket, is suspended from specialised girders attached to the roof of the building.
Do you have more questions? Contact us and we will be happy to answer them.
Questions and answers
What documents will I receive after completing the course?
After completing the course and passing the UDT exam, the trainee is issued with a certificate for suspended access platforms and a certificate for the course taken. The certificate is issued in English as well as in Polish.
How long does it take to complete a course for a suspension mobile platform licence?
It all depends on the number of students in the group, but usually the training sessions last up to a few days.
How long are the qualifications valid?
The qualifications obtained are valid for a period of 10 years, after which time they must be renewed without having to pass the exam again.